Is anyone else not feeling "festive" yet?

ugh, i just have zero holiday spirit. i feel like the holidays are still far off, when in reality they're right around the corner. it feels like they crept up fast this year and i havent had time to process it yet.

maybe ill get into it when i put up my decorations next weekend...

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2012 in Holidays

• I've been trying to get into the spirit to no avail. I'm usually really excited at this point, because thanksgiving and my birthday are right around the corner and then Christmas. Usually my favorite time of the year, I guess it just doesn't feel like it's that time of year yet.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:32 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• i agree, it totally doesn't.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I am... I love this time of year.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 10:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• No, I'm not in the spirit. I hate decorating my house and the thought of all of the banister I have to trim is daunting. I may just do some kind of ribbon or something. The house feels more dusty when I get all of that holiday stuff out, but I guess I have to do it because it's expected of me. I do have some cool ideas from pinterest though, so here's hoping those turn out well.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:33 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I am!!! I have waited for it all year :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• Every year I'm finding it harder and harder to get into the Holiday Spirit. All the ads for this, that or the other sale; the in-your-face everything, and all the promotion of greed and gimme-gimme-gimme, make it REALLY hard for me to be happy around the holidays.

You're not alone in feeling the Holiday Blahs instead of the Joy.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I have a hard time getting into the spirit every year. I have that bah humbug attitude up until like, maybe a week before Christmas. Once my kids start bringing home school-made holiday projects, and we get our tree and family starts coming around, then I usually get into it.
    IMaTAPSgirl

Answer by IMaTAPSgirl at 11:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I am feeling this exact same way! I just cannot wrap my brain around it. Usually, I would have already had most of my Christmas shopping completed and my decorations itching to be put up as soon as the Thanksgiving guests leave, but this year, I have ZERO shopping started. Totally overwhelmed over here. (I don't think it's meant to feel this way).
    MPow

Answer by MPow at 3:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• Just a little.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2012