repost NEED TO VENT!! PLEASE HELP!!

Both me and SO went to bed LATE, him 4am, me- 5am. LO woke up at 8:30am.. I'm running on caffine. my SO is up only because when she woke up I got upset at the fact that he did not get up with her and take her to the living room so I picked her up and went into the living room, made coffee and breakfast for her...he works I stay home with LO...I understand he is tired but I am tired as well it should be a joint effort, right now my FIL is here and SO is droopy eyed on the couch, His dad has the nerve to say go to bed man its ur day off get some rest...what about me don't I deserve some rest too not only cuz we went to bed late but just in general, I don't have family just his and they always feel that since he works he is entitled to sleep ALLLLL DaMN DAY...I feel like my "JOB" never ends 24/7 when is my day off? didn't know where to post

BxMetroMom718

Asked by BxMetroMom718 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell SO how you feel and ignore your FIL. SAHM's need a break more than anyone else. Work a deal out with your SO where he gets the AM to rest and you get the PM. Speak up!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• LOL, lady, ask FIL to watch the baby while you BOTH take a nap. Jeez. I had a FIL that was like that till I told him I need help. He JUMPED at the chance to help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I have for the most part speak up I do let him rest but he seems to take advantage and his excuse is that he works. his mother raised him alone and was very independent. she did everything cooking, cleaning, not to say he was spoiled but she has let him to I guess believe that since he works and I stay home that he has the "right to come home and lay down" I hate this lay down mentality all the damn time.. there is no one in this world that loves sleep more than me but I am also an active person.. I like to get things done b4 I "Lay down" he always says he'll help after a nap but never wakes up... he does clean up a lil now and then but that was after long long discussions.
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I actually had the same prob, my son is autistic and has several med issues, we had 15 drs working with him last year and it was almost all me. Fiance went to as many appts as he could, but he works and I dont. I was so exhausted once I passed out getting food out of the oven and got severely burned. That was just one of my injuries from exhaustion. We have to understand they have to work, and work can be dangerous if they r tired, but they need to know what its like to not be able to clock out for lunch, no 15 min breaks kids need u 24/7. Work out a schedule with him where on his days off he can sleep in 1 day and u go to bed early, and he gets up early the other day while u sleep in and he can go to bed early for work the next day, if he works a 5 day workweek that works well with us. Also every so often they have daddy time where mommy goes somewhere alone for a break, the salon, shopping, library whereever for a few hours.
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 11:44 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Ok I don't mean to sound rude, but if you knew you had to get up with the LO why did you stay up so late?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• SAHMs need a break too. I know that I am always fighting to get a break. But really, when you have a LO, why on Earth would you not go to bed until 4 or 5 in the morning?? Your SO, okay maybe he works the late night shift, but you?? Get some sleep Mom! You cannot effectively take care of your LO with only a few hours of sleep. Start taking care of your self. Once LO goes to bed at night take a hot bath, read a book and go to bed early. That's the only way that I can get any rest. I am running on empty for the past week since both of my kids are sick. I was up 4 times last night with my youngest. He's the last one sick and his fever FINALLY broke last night. But, knowing that I would be up several times with him last night, I was in bed by 9. GL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I think alot of moms feel that way. It is hard to keep going when your so tired, but even harder when you see someone who is supposed to help in there sleeping. It happens when men are sick too...you both have the flu but they get to sleep and you have to take care of the kids!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• SO was up cuz he wanted to be me I just couldn't sleep...
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Why is your SO sleeping during the day? He should be working around the house. People have gotten lazy. Yes it would tick me off.
    Anonymous

• I don't make it a habit to stay up late just couldn't sleep last night I'm usually asleep right after her...
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2009