I knew I was having a big baby, but not THAT big...

I was dilated to a 5 when the hospital sent me home and told me to come back when my pain was "unbearable". Even though I had Strep B and had to be in the hospital to get the antibiotics before I delivered.

So two days later I go in when I can't take it anymore, I'm at a 7, before I get my IV I'm at a 8-9 and begging for medicine through my IV but it was too late.

a couple hours later I had my baby - the nurses and doctors were all guessing the weight around 8 or 9 lbs.

He was 10 lbs 3 oz's and I had him completely natural.

How big were your chidren?

sunshineemommy

Asked by sunshineemommy at 10:39 AM on Nov. 15, 2012 in Pregnancy

• That is a big baby! Ultrasound estimates always seems to be off.

Mine weighed just under 3 lbs. She was 7 weeks early.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• 8lbs 5 oz and 8lbs 9 oz

my aunt is a very tiny woman and her kids were like 10 lbs
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• 7lbs 6oz at 37 weeks
    If he had waited that extra 3 weeks,he would have been at least a 9 pounder

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• My daughter was 9. They estimated her at 7! They said I was so big because it was all fluid.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I was told my DS was MAYBE about 6.5 lbs no more then 7lbs. Yeah it came out and was 8 lbs and it was all natural.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• WOW! thats a big baby. i cant believe they made you wait so long that it was too late to even get meds if you wanted them.. id be pretty pissed. with my first they wanted to send me home but then my water started to leak.. i told my husband, if they send us home, we are camping outside in the hall waiting lmao my first was 8lb 8oz and my second was 9lbs even.. carrying number three and doctors think she may be a little bigger then my last.. since i seem to be having them bigger and bigger.. and im gaining more in each pregnancy lol but who knows. they also said my first was only going to be 7lbs. and that my second would be 8 lol they are always a pound less then what my baby really was.
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• 9 lbs. 4 oz.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• dd was born 3 weeks early she was 9lbs 3 oz ds was 4 weeks early he was 8lbs 6oz
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• Since my daughters were all adopted when they were 5, 6 & 7 I don't think they qualify for the "baby" status. I do know that my brother weighed in at 12 lb 14 oz and was in 9 month clothes when he was born and that was 53 years ago! I wouldn't have wanted to be my mom for anything.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2012

• 7 lbs 3 oz
    8 lbs 10 or so oz (sorry, can't remember the oz on the rest of the kids)
    5 lbs 12 oz, give or take an oz or two
    7 lbs 13 or so oz
    To Be Determined in about 2-3 weeks (hopefully sooner tho)...my total guess, because so far I'm actually showing with this one, is going to be over 9 lbs. Yeah, I think this is going to be a big baby.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2012