Peta is at it again. Do you agree or disagree with them this time?

PETA Is Mad That Honey Boo Boo Named Her Chicken 'Nugget': Understandable or Overreaction?

Alana “Honey Boo Boo” Thompson has a new pet chicken, but PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) aren’t too happy with the name she has chosen for it: Nugget. According to E!, the organization has sent her a letter suggesting a different name "in order to honor her as your friend and protect other chickens just like her."

The letter, written by PETA rep Michelle Cho, says that “chickens are smart, interesting animals with personalities of their own," and suggests that Alana rename her chicken “Not a Nugget” so that people know that “they should be nice to chickens by not eating them."

Cho also says that Alana doesn’t have to stop eating chicken nuggets, because "there are yummy vegan-chicken nuggets in grocery stores today that taste just like meat.” Perhaps she hasn’t seen “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo”? Do you think the letter is understandable or a total overreaction?

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 12:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Wait the world is going to hell but we should be worried about the name of a pet chicken. This is absurd.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• As usual, they overreact like the fanatical morons they are. Why don't they take it out with Garfield now? When Jon bought a goldfish, Garfueld suggested "sushi" as a name.
    Honestly, nuggets are made of chicken, people eat chickens, I can guarantee them that as much as they believe animals are people too, the chocked isn't offended, or insulted or even aware of the name.
    They're ridiculous, most of them would throw their own mothers in jail to save a fruit fly.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I guess it is cruel to name things that you intend to kill or eat. I am assuming PETA doesn't name the thousands of animals they euthanize yearly.  Of all organizations, they really do have a very impressive kill rate.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I despise the whole Honey Boo Boo thing - but I also despise PETA. PETA is the most obnoxious organization I can think of. They disrespect the rights of people to "protect" the rights of animals, and to me, that makes their opinions worthless.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I think anything PETA does is complete overreaction. This is no exception.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I personally think Nugget is a hilarious name for a chicken. Apparently PETA doesn't have anything more relevant pressing for their attention if they have the time to care about the name of a pet. What a waste of time.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• Oh, and I don't really think it's cruel to name things.

I think PETA is feeling a little irrelevant, plus Super Bowl is only a couple of months away, so they need to get on their marketing strategy and remind people that they still exist.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• This is crazy. It's a chicken! It can't understand English! Lol for all the chicken knows it's name is Princess.

Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 12:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• clever name i think
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• You know what I learned from growing up around chickens all my life? Don't get to close to hen and her chicks, she'll flog the hell of of you. Oh and they stink to high heaven and back and they'll eat anything even chicken nuggets.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2012