Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 2:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• So he's going to add a surcharge tax to the customer bills to "Cover the cost of Insurance" then reduce hours of employees so they won't be considered full time and thus he does not have to offer them insurrance anyways (negating the purpose of charging customers extra), thus increasing his own pocketed profit margin at the expense of his employees and customers.
    Wait would this qualify as racketeering?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I think most people do not yet realize how this bill is going to affect every single aspect of our lives. Insurance costs have already greatly increased, and employers simply can no longer afford to pay the premiums. There is no work. Insurance companies are going out of business(ours already has)! There were companies who waited until after the election to decide what they were going to do. They were hoping against hope that Obama would be defeated and there would be enough votes in the Senate to overturn the freedom busting healthcare bill. Barring a miracle, this is going to be extremely disastrous for this country. I would just ask that if you have never been in the position of having to make these kinds of gut-wrenching decisions, please don't judge those who are trying to figure out how they might stand a chance of staying afloat for just a little while longer!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I think most people do not yet realize how this bill is going to affect every single aspect of our lives.

A lot of people don't realize the impact it's already had. Part of the fine print in the bill that wasn't even related directly to healthcare led to hundreds of people being laid off here, and thousands more in other states. Other provisions will trigger layoffs or pay cuts and local factories that make medical supplies...assuming the owners don't decide to just move to Mexico instead.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• Hello...nothing is free. The money to pay for it has to come from someone....that someone will be the consumer. The cost on a lot of things is going to go up. Ya'll just remember...sometimes when you get what you asked for it turns out to be not what you really wanted.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• The Papa Murphy's one is the one that really gets my goat.

I can't speak with any authority on how much the Affordable Care Act will cost businesses but it seems that many business owners are punishing their employers and their customers in order to make a statement. Papa Murphy, for example, would have needed to increase pizza prices by $.50 to cover all his employees on health insurance. He chose, instead, to cut staff hours and positions. Why?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• Oh, I have no doubt that there will be many unintended consequences of this bill before it's all said and done. Color me not surprised.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• Oh please, I guess some of you don't know any thing about economics.
    Anonymous

• Here is a question for ya, why does anyone start a business? To make money and provide for their family and hopefully have something going for their kids' future. What is the point in having a business if the government takes most if not all of your profits? It takes a lot of money to run a business, especially a successful business. There are a lot of expenses that I believe the average person doesn't know about. I use to do the books for a company that probably brought in at least $500,000 a year, before expenses. We had employed around 10 to 12 people any given time.

cont...

Anonymous

• There was times where he did not take a check at all because there was not enough money that month because of expenses, including taxes and fees, and people who had not payed their bills. My point being is there are a lot of small business that are going to have to shut down or cut down the number of employees just to stay in business because of the whole health care bill, now they are going to raise taxes which is going to make things worse. We are screwed people.
    Anonymous

• I hope he enjoys his empty restaurants and having no one working for him

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2012