I'm looking for a very simple cell phone ...

I don't want a touch screen, or Internet connectivity, or games, or a camera, or anything but a simple cell phone with fairly large buttons that I can use with TMobile to make and receive calls, take voice mails, perhaps have caller ID and different ring tones for different callers, but those last part aren't necessities. I mostly carry a cell phone in case there's an emergency when I go to the park with my daughter and such. I've herd there's a simple phone like that marketed for elderly people who can't use or don't want all the bells and whistles. Does anybody know where I can find such a critter?

I asked the customer service rep from the cell phone company, during a phone call, and she was clueless. I told her I'm blind and can't see the keyboard, and she actually asked me if I needed speech to text for the hearing impaired. While I was having a perfectly normal conversation with her, asking and answering questions. *Sigh.*

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 2:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2012 in Technology

• The Jitterbug phone. http://www.greatcall.com/Jitterbug/
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• Consumer Cellular! It's what I have. There's no contracts and you can decide what you use. They have what they call a Senior phone which has large buttons, large screen and loud rings. They also send you a text/voice mail if you are close to going over your limit. Then you just bump it up and no large overage charges. You can take it back down the next month if you want. If you get close to the end of the month and have a bunch of minutes you know you're not going to use you can tell them to reduce the bill as well. You're totally in charge of the costs. Just go to www.consumercellular.com . I've had them for 4 years and I have no complaints. Oh and in case you're wondering how well the phones hold up my dh who has the senior phone works on the road and has had his phone for 1 1/2 years. His previous phone he had for 2 1/2 before it died on him.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• If you're willing to leave TMobile, Net10/Tracfone has a basic one with BIG numbers,and it's cheap

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• i really dont think they exist anymore. thats what i wanted but i went to 3 different stores and everyone only had touch screens
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• you could look on Ebay but you need to make sure they have a spot for a SD card or what ever they are called
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• LOL- maybe go into a tmobile store or check around for a used phone? Don't know if pre paid would work.

I despise my touch screen. It's always dialing people.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• You might want to try here.  I'm sorry that's a crappy website but at least it is something

This is a list of phones that will work with TMobile.  Otherwise, I could find a lot of phones that would work for you but none of them are on the TMobile network

Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• AVOID TMOBILE!!!!! I have them and they are the WORSE
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2012