Changing Time Zones with a Kiddo

Y'all are going to be so glad when my trip is over with ...

We had to change flights because we got offered a much cheaper airfare if we leave at 4:30 Thanksgiving afternoon. That would put us at our destination at around 7:00 our time, or 9:00 in the time zone where we're going. It will take a while to get settled, have dinner, whatever. So thenI'm assuming bedtime will be at 9:00 our time, 11:00 in the new time zone. I've got it that far. But then should I keep my watch on local time, and just try to stick to my daughter's schedule that way--our whole routine will be off, but won't trying to get on Michigan time for five days, and then switch back, be hard?

Gosh, this makes me sound so pathetic I'm hardly daring to hit Send. I'm a terrible traveler. But I'm wondering if there will be any trouble crossing time zones. My daughter is sometimes really good about bedtime, and sometimes really hard to put down for the night. And I admit, I want her to be extra good for her "michigan grandparents" as she calls them, since we don't see them that often. She's so excited. We showed her Michigan on a U.S. map, and she was so enthralled that we bought a United States map puzzle for her. She can already put the hole thing together by herself. But anyway, time zones--I'm all over the place.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2012 in Travel

• So long as they take a nap in the afternoon, you can survive the time zone difference
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 2:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• BTW, I've done it countless times
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• No, there won't be a problem. She will fare much better than you do in that deal. lol Don't worry, it will not be an issue
    adnilm