• In the Spotlight:

How can i get my 2 month old baby to keep food down?

My 2 month old daughter was just in the hospital with rsv. She does not keep down any food at all. She didn't before we took her to the hospital either. Is there anything we can do to help her stop throwing up????

ilovefrank13

Asked by ilovefrank13 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you are bottle feeding change bottles.. to dr browns or avent my son used to puke like the exorcist and we switched to dr browns and he kept everything down and was a much happier baby...
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• You need to talk with your pedi immediately if she isn't keeping anything down.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• First, you should definitely contact her pediatrician. Also, the colic free bottles help, like the Dr. Browns, or Platex VentAir. Also, try giving her a dose of Mylicon right after she eats, or you can mix it in with her bottle. If all it is is colic, this will take care of it. Also, try soy formula. It may be a lactose issue with her. That's what it was with my cousin, and when they started giving her soy, her entire life changed. Good luck!
    ktrog

Answer by ktrog at 12:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My son was going through that like a month ago and he had the stomach flu and now he has rsv,croup and bronchitis but what I did was give him alot of pedialite and try soy formula if you don't breast feed her I hope she feels better soon
    LiLMomma702

Answer by LiLMomma702 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2009