Passing the time?

I'm about 40 weeks pregnant and getting to the point where I feel very ready to be finished. What kinds of things did you do to pass the time at this point? I would really like to try keeping my mind off of it as much as possible so I don't drive myself crazy with the 'when will it happen' questions.

I am NOT asking for induction methods or a way 'to get things moving', I won't do them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Clean, go for walks, stock up on groceries. I mostly used the time to get my house organized. I also made some meals and frozen them so that I wouldn't have to worry about cooking when I first got home. Also enjoy some rest, it will soon be over!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Haha, I went shopping A LOT that last few weeks I was pregnant, both times! I probably will with this one, too!
    IZs_mommy

Answer by IZs_mommy at 12:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i spent alot of time cleaning and rearranging everything in the babys room. since you obviously dont have much time left and you definately wont have time for anything like that afterward (at least not right away) go get a pedicure! everyone is gonna see your feet and im tellin you i didnt even see my ancles cuz of the swelling except for during this pedicure! it worked wonders! and just pamper yourself a little! good luck, hang in there! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 12:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Go to the movies. I spent a lot of time cleaning my house and moving everything heavy that I could find. Take naps, b/c sleep will never be the same and you certainly won't get much the first few weeks. Try to relax, your little one will be here before you know it.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Walks are always good with music and just clear your mind and just day dream
    LiLMomma702

Answer by LiLMomma702 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2009