Negative after two minutes, checked 2 hours later and there's a plus sign?

I took a pregnancy test today and left it for 2 minutes, checked it and it was negative...well two hours later I look at it and It's an obvious positive...the new line is not clear, doesn't look how I've heard evap lines to be described...it's plain as day a positive sign now.

I know that they are invalid after ten minutes but I'm curious if anyone has had this happen before and it turned out it really was positive? I didn't wait the full three minutes before looking the first time so I'm kind of curious. I am going to go buy another test in a day or two and take it first thing in the am on one of those days to find out for sure but I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2012 in Pregnancy

• take a NEW test in the morning and follow the instructions EXACTLY
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• read the question COMPLETELY and then answer the question (: I am going to take another test. I'm asking if anyone has had this happen and what the outcome was.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• Happened to me with my daughter. The preg test was negative when I first took it. I left it out on the counter in the bathroom to show my husband when he came a few hours later and it was positive. Of course, I took another test and went to the doctor but it turned out that I was actually pregnant.
    IMaTAPSgirl

Answer by IMaTAPSgirl at 4:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• If you didn't wait the full three minutes, it's possible that it was a positive. But since it was 2 hours later, I'd take a new test before getting my hopes up.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

Comment by Anonymous

I say getting period tomorrow, because this comment is really bitchie
    Anonymous

• read the directions COMPLETELY and then ask the question

Anonymous

• That's why the directions say not to read after so long! Read all the directions first!
    Anonymous

• this happened to me a few years back, and I took multiple tests. a vet tech friend explained to me why this happens and I can't remember the details, but it made sense. i had multiple positives after the time to read, and they were wrong...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I took a test & said negative BUTTTTTT the next morning my husband looked at it & it was now positive.....I DUE IN MARCH ((: Good Luck
    ky_mommy2010

Answer by ky_mommy2010 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• After 20 minutes, it is probably an evaporation line. That's why the directions tell you not to read it after a period of time.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2012