Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where would you look to find music lessons/art classes for your kids?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • Call a store where they sell musical instruments or pianoes, etc. They usually know music teachers for private lessons, or they have a bulliten board, etc. Call your local schools and ask at the music department. The school music teacher is likely to know someone. Call a local college and ask if they have a music student who is willing to teach a beginning child for a little extra $. I would guess art classes would go the same way, but I don't know.

    Answer by pagan_mama at 12:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

  • Yellow pages is a good way to find them, the local paper. We placed our son in private guitar and/or piano lessons when he is 7 and the rest of the boys to.

    Answer by Mummytomore at 3:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

  • Hi, if anyone needs a music teacher in southern California, this is a good place to start:

    They are local to me, but they also have studios or teachers elsewhere in SoCal.


    Answer by JillaP at 4:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • TakeLessons has music teachers all across the US. You can find them online at or they have a toll free number 877-231-8505. They have a huge selection of teachers - not just in Southern California. Good luck in your search.

    Answer by JillTL at 12:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.