Niece vs. Baby!!

My S2B 3 y/o niece is my WORLD & my parents world. 1st niece, 1st grandchild & spoiled rotten!! I practically raised her for the 1st year. Well she is VERY JEALOUS she doesn't want anyone touching her papa nonnie aunt or mommy especially other babys or kids!! She even gets jealous when my BF hugs me in front of her!! So how is she gona feel when I have my baby?? I'm so scared shes gonna be so jealous & I don't want that to happen I mean she knows Aunt Ericka has a baby in her belly but I don't think she realizes its gonna come out & get attention! I don't want my baby to steal the spotlight from her & I really don't want her to not like the baby. I've even cried about it because my niece is MY WORLD!!! I love her like she is my own and I'm gonna feel bad..... How do I help her get through the jealousy & love the baby!!??

dixieQT

Asked by dixieQT at 11:48 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Being 3 she should adjust fairly fast. I know that my niece was 5 and had a hard time for a few months when her sister was born, but now they play and have a blast. Just make sure to plan a day here and there for you and her. Also PLEASE don't tell her that you can't do this or that or make noise because of the baby. That bothered my niece the most I think.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• She will adjust, so will you. When your baby comes, explain who they are to each other. Talk to her like an adult (unless she really isn't getting it). Like the pp said, try to let your niece be as "regular" as before, after your baby comes.
    IZs_mommy

Answer by IZs_mommy at 12:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• if she doesnt have a baby doll try getting her one and showing her that thats whats in the belly and maybe try to explain how the baby will be HER cousing along with being your baby, and the grandparents other grandchild. and then when the baby actually does come just make sure you still get to go out with just her every once in a while and let her play with the baby and get to know him/her pretty good. they will get used to each other, and it will be good for her to get used to sharing the spotlight a little while shes so young. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 12:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2009