Why are you a Democrat?

Are you waiting for a check right now? Are you unemployed and waiting for a handout? Are you employed? I am a Democrat for all of the RIGHT reasons not b/c if I am a Democrat I will get a handout. BTW, where do we line up for this check that is solely distributed to the Democrats of America? No WHERE!!! How many Republicans sent back the stimulus check given by, who was that again? Oh yeah, REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT BUSH! If you spent it or saved it you took a handout the same as any Democrat. So since we Democrats do not know where this "handout line" is for us to stand in...can the Republicans who feel the need to assume please point us in the right direction since you seem to know where the handouts are being distributed and who is getting what assistance and what party they are affiliated with?

micrespo

Asked by micrespo at 11:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm a Democrat because their party beliefs and values line up most with mine. If the Reps would get ridof the Religious Reich I might take them more seriously but I just can't. I believe in womens rights, taking care of the less fortunate, taking care of our environment and keeping religion out of lawmaking. I believe that people are more important than corporations or profits. I don't believe corporations can be trusted to do the right thing and while politicians can be equally corrupt at least we have some say over them, if more people bothered to make their voice heard. I believe war should be the LAST option and real diplomacy can work.              

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• hehehehehe
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• lol...good one!
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 11:54 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• :)

Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I researched both candidates before voting and while Obama wasn't my first choice of the Dems that ran I found I agree with him much more than McCain. I never expected a check or for Obama to solve my lifes ills.

Friday

• ^^And this is why I love Friday, lol:) Even with a post that is purely satire, she can defend her beliefs eloquently...hugs!
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I know of a lot of people on public assistant that is republican... I don't think getting handouts neccessarily make someone a democrat. Democrats are just more open to helping people and the world, some of it I agree with some of it I don't. I think democrats do lean more on socialism which a lot of republicans do not want, they feel each to their own you should make your own wealth or living... Some of that I agree with, some of it I don't. I can swing either way, depends on the matter at hands. But I do consider myself a Democrat.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 12:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i'm not really a democrat.
    i supported obama in this election but i also voted for republican senators.
    i vote for the person, not the party.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Damn, it was sposed to be satire, went right over my little red head. I overslept and my brain is off to a slow start today. Need more caffeine.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Im a democrat because I like to get free stuff and thinks its only fair that those mean rich people gimme their mula! I heard Obamas gonna have a line where us dems can get us a check. Itll be on the news.
    Anonymous