Have you ever had sharp pains in your ribs?

The other night I thought I was going to die. I started getting these really sharp pains on my left side in my lower rib area. It felt like my daughter had her toes stuck up there and it was not moving. I called my doctor and they where like they didn't have a clue what was going on but that is nothing new....lol. I just want to know if my little girl is playing with my ribs or is there something bad going on.
Oh...I am 36 weeks about to be 37

lelandsmom6707

Asked by lelandsmom6707 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be that or gas.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 11:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My first liked to kick my ribs from the inside. That was a fun two months!
    IZs_mommy

Answer by IZs_mommy at 12:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• my twins were always beating up on my ribs, so bad in fact, that they were black and blue all the time for month 6.5 to 8 it was horrible, at one point, we all thought for sure that they had broken at least one of my ribs, good luck momma, and i was told to try sleeping sitting up like in a lazy boy or something.
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 12:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i had some pain in my lower rib area and it ended up being rib flaring, which is just your ribs flaring out at the bottom to make room for some of the other inside stuff that gets pushed up. but also my son used to curl his toes around my bottom ribs (or at least thats what it felt like!) and push off or something. lol the joys of pregnancy!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 12:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My son used to kick me so hard I would bruise on the outside ... so I totally understand that pain and its just a new area inside you that has never been touched like that before I am sure everything is fine but if you feel something is wrong definitely get it checked
    LiLMomma702

Answer by LiLMomma702 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i am only 26 weeks with my second little girl and i think that all girls love too live in the rib cage they find it funny and just wait till the right time too hit hahaha
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 3:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009