What does "Essay Format" mean!?

Ok, startin school in April and I just registered yesterday. I have to write an essay about why I want to learn what Im goin to learn. I was given a list of 7 questions. On the paper it says "Answer the followin questions in essay format" I was just goin to start writin away, answerin all the questions in a "paragragh" type style, but now Im confused! Do I number it 1-7, questions and then my answers. I think that looks horrible with no flow.....What do they want!? Any clues?Help! Im not always this dence!

TheLostMuppet

Asked by TheLostMuppet at 11:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• paragraph form...intro, body, and conclusion is what I'm assuming they want.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 11:56 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• lol. What the above person said, introduction, body paragraphs (you will probably need one for each question), and a conclusion. Good Luck! Definitely don't number it!
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Do you have to write an essay PER question or is it ONE essay that must answer each question within the ONE essay? I'm assuming it's just one essay. Pick what the seven questions have in common and use that to write the introductory paragraph. Remember to make a thesis (one flat statement about what your essay proves or is going to be about). It is usually the last line of the intro paragraph. Then you can address each of the seven questions in consecutive paragraphs next. You don't need to include what the questions were or number anything. Just make sure the essay flows from topic to topic, from paragraph to paragraph and answers all of the questions. Your conclusion paragraph should restate what your essay is about and close with something to make your essay memorable. Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• distinguishes title from subtitle and both from text......provides adequate margins.....emphasizes paragraph breaks with white space. ...groups stats in a bulleted list set off with white space, Uses parallel working for prallel infomation. ...Introduces the figure to indicate its meaning and purpose...reduces white space around the figure...presents the figure to exphasize the most sgnificant segment....captions the figure so that it can be read indepently from the text!
    this is strait out of a college hand book!
    Mica30

Answer by Mica30 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• They just mean answer the questions in a paragraph form, not just a direct answer. Don't stress so much about it.
    mars33me

Answer by mars33me at 12:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Thank~you, all.
    So, I was right in thinkin how I was =)
    Yeah!

TheLostMuppet

Answer by TheLostMuppet at 12:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Mica is scaring me...I'm goin back to bed...
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• haha- I am having trouble teaching my freshmen about essay format (standard 5 paragraph intro- body- conclusion) it seems so easy till you have like 20, 14-15 year olds staring blankly at you.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I think it means when you answer a question you need to answer in the form of an essay. not that you have to write a 3 page essay but like a beginnings, middle, and end, not just one sentence. I'm not 100% sure though, it's been a long time since school *LOL* !!!

babymomma0306

Answer by babymomma0306 at 1:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2009