• In the Spotlight:

What is the best infants medicine for fever from teething?

I've tried Tylenol, but is that the best or is there something that works better? He's not really fevering bad, it's 99.6..Just a little high..He seems to be in pain though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tylenol or Motrin.
    Anonymous

• AWW ur poor little one. My daughter likes the tyenol and it seemed to work for her, you could also try ora gel and give em as much squeeshy toys to naw on... try a wet wash cloth rung out that works too! Good Luck.
    tinkerbellma21

Answer by tinkerbellma21 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Definitely Tylenol. It's meant for fever reducer, and it relieves pain in the mean time. It saves our sanity! Motrin only reduces the swelling in my son's gums, but he still fusses, and his fever barely goes down on it.
    ktrog

Answer by ktrog at 12:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Tylenol, then instead of the next dose being Tylenol again, make it Motrin, then Tylenol, etc.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I'd say tylenol. But what I used most is teething tabs. They're wonderful. One for an infant and up to three for a toddler. That's what has always worked best for me. Good luck!
    downspiral00

Answer by downspiral00 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Actually, teething causing a fever is false. I would not give tylenol or motrin and let your little one fight off whatever she/he may be trying to catch. I
    Anonymous

• Tylenol and definitely orajel to put on her gums. If your nursing..that helps also.
    lovedmom6

Answer by lovedmom6 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Both tylenol and motrin are good. If it's bad, you can stack them, like someone else said, tylenol-motrin... few hours later, tylenol... few hours after that, motrin etc.,
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2009