I don't want to go!

My Husband wants to take us to an off road park the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'm fine with them going, but I don't want to. I would rather have a relaxing weekend maybe at a resort, sitting in a hot tub, sipping a glass of wine. Not riding on the trails, climbing rocks in our jeep, walking for miles videoing him as he does scary stuff.
Yes it's a fun time with the family, and our boys love it, but it's also exhausting. We've gone so many times this year that I'm not looking forward to it.
I was thinking maybe we could find a B&B in the area, and I could just hang back while they go out in the woods...
It kills me, he can decide we're doing stuff like this, but if I suggest something it's a big NO. I'm beginning to think that since I don't work, and he does, that I don't get a say in what we do... I don't know how to bring it up without sounding like a brat. Any ideas ladies? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2012 in Relationships

• well I was going to say what m-avi said. If a job maes the difference then do it. but I do think without the pressure of little ears you might want to sit down and have a chat and ask him why when you suggest something it is a no go. Isi t what you suggest or that it is your suggestion. He may not realize he is doing it as much as you think he does, and he may not be doing it as often as you think her does. The only way to work it out is to talk it out.

Maybe make deal For every three that he and the boys want you pick the fourth but not a girly girly. Or a compromise of you at the hotel or shopping while they hike and then come back for dinner etc.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I'm not sure what to tell ya.... maybe you'd feel better about it if you did have a job and were making your own money?????
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• Sit down and decide which of you feels stronger about the issue. If it's a 70 don't go for you and a 50 go for him, you win.
    I would love to trade places with you. A weekend inMoab sounds like heaven to me.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• compromise and tell him that you want a little more comforts of home. Rent a camper that has all the amenities of a hotel.
    blondie805

Answer by blondie805 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• Just got off the phone, he said I get to go buy a new washer and dryer set tomorrow, so I'm not going to complain about the trip anymore! Not another word about it! :-)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I booked a Bed and Breakfast. So they can do what they want, and I can hang back and relax if I want to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Nov. 16, 2012