Are our priorities that messed up, or have we simply lost all concept of the value of our money?

Conversion rates for those unfamiliar:

That's approx $5.50 for the Starbucks and $1.50 for the song.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2012 in Money & Work

• I support music and not starbucks!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• That is sad..... I support music!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I drink about 3 starbucks a year I buy music often- right now its kidz bop LOL
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• cause music artists (ie "rock stars") make millions of dollars, how much does the person at Starbucks makin your latte make? If they're lucky minimum wage? I don't buy music or Starbucks but I agree with Dard that the items are not in the same category at all...
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• The people who steal the music would steal the starbucks too if they could figure out a way to have a latte handed to them for free
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• I bought two lattes the other day and with tip it was 10 bucks. TEN friggin' bucks.
    It actually makes my stomach turn. It is such a ripoff that I am ashamed to admit I paid it. Now, only on Fridays. I cannot justify it.
    I wonder if the every day latte people have added up the cost per month?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I support music and do not drink coffee but I think it is a bitoff in the logic. The items do not fall into the same catagory
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• Sure, but it's not limited to coffee and music.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• cause music artists (ie "rock stars") make millions of dollars, how much does the person at Starbucks makin your latte make?

So it's ok to steal as long as the person you are stealing from makes more than you?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I only drink coffee at work for the same reason I don't pay for downloads. There's a way to get it for free.

Actually, I haven't pirated music in years. But I do only drink free coffee at work. AND it's Starbucks coffee.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2012