My 18 month old has the stomach flu.... any advice?

I am still nursing him, but everytime I feed him he throws up about 15-30min later... I didn't like the ingredients in pedilyte. I gave him some coconut water, with probiotics and elderbery syrup in it. idk. ... and he just threw that up.... I am worried because this has been going on for about 20hrs now. He hasn't eaten any food... He has diahrea and a slight fever also.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2012 in Kids' Health

• This is the first time he has ever been sick....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• My gut feeling says to run him to the hospital. After 20 hours he is probably dehydrated. That is the most important thing when little ones gets sick, well everyone really and that is to keep them hydrated.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2012

• How much is he drinking, either when he nurses or drinks anything else? The key is to easy fluids back into him - 1 tsp at a time every 15 minutes as long as he can hold it down, gradually increasing every couple of hours - unless he vomits again, then start over. Putting too much back into a sore tummy will just cause more vomiting. I'd call the doctor too out of concern for dehydration.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Try plain chicken broth (no noodles or anything else) or diluted ginger ale. Have you taken him to the doctor? If not, you should.Monitor for a fever, too.

See this for advice from a doctor:

http://www.babyzone.com/baby/baby-health-and-safety/stomach-bugs-care_66360

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:09 AM on Nov. 16, 2012