Little girl problems

My 3 year old has started complaining about it hurting in her lilgirl area, when i checked her it was all red, kind of looked like a diaper rash. I thought it was because she still learning how to go by herself to the RR and wasnt cleaning her self right. Could it be more than that? Possible uti? When she goes to urinate, i asked her if ithurt and she said yes, but you know how small children are, sometimes they say things for attention. Anybody's lil girl been in this situation??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If it's red, and she say it hurts, it hurts. Get some butt paste or desitin and see if that helps keep her drier.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• My 3 yo has an awful rash. I thought it might be from improper cleaning or a reaction to the flushable wipes. Looks painful.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Take her to the doctor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• my 4 year old is always red, very sensitive skin we only use unscented flushable wipes and we shower not bathe due to soap and dirt gettingin bath water
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• It's an infection. Is she still bedwetting? Are her undies changed daily? It is possible for her to get UTI. It could also be an allergic reaction to soap used, fabrics or laundry detergent. I remember the same symptoms when I had something similar as a kid from staying in wet clothes all day after a school's field day event where we had lots of water games.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:23 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• You need to take her to the doctor.. better safe then sorry.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 2:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I'd take her to the doctor's right away. She might need antibiotics. Poor little thing, it's no fun being sore there.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• It is likely just a rash from not wiping well, but I would take her into be checked for a UTI just in case.. I would also make sure she is not taking bubble baths or sitting in wet clothes for any reason. Look at the soaps and detergents you are using and see if you changed them recently or start using something more gentle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• More than likely it's just because she is not wiping very well. Put some Balmex or Desitin on it and it should clear up in a day or so. If not, take her to the doctor.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:33 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I'd recommend taking over wiping after what she has gets cleared up. I always go into the bathroom with my just turned 3 yr old. I'll let her wipe first but, then mommy always makes sure all the pee-pee & poo-poo is gone.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:46 AM on Nov. 16, 2012