Wal-Mart employees plan to walk out on Black Friday....

I understand the frustration, but as big as WalMart is, it will not even make in dent in their pocket book. IMO, if they want to make a significant statement, the stores around the country need to walk out also. AS it is, especially with the way our economy is, 4 workers walk out, 5 more will will replace them by the end of the day. If 60% of the stores experience the walk outs, it will damage the pocketbook, and leaving them hurting, but more would cripple them, especially with the holidays coming up. What are your thoughts?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/money/Wal-Mart-workers-plan-Black-Friday-walkout/-/1637116/17426674/-/3di2iw/-/index.html 

I do not understand why its not doing the clicky thingy..

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Fine, walk out. You'll only be hurting yourself and your family because you will then be unemployed. In fact, just being named in the staging of a walk-out should be reason enough for termination.

To battle with your employer for "years" regarding your pay/benefits/etc is ridiculous. It's WAL-MART, people! If you don't like it, just go to K-Mart or Sears or JCPenney or Macy's or any of the other tons of department stores out there.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:20 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• They will just hire other employees.

Answer by louise2 at 6:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Working for wal-mart is a JOB not a career.. Alot of people go to work thinking that their job needs them. They don't.. They can and will be replaced, possibly replaced with someone who is willing to work for lesser pay. I agree that if one store is going to walk out ALL wal-mart employees in the US should walk out to make a statement or.. time is just being wasted.
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 7:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I dont see this helping. They are all easily replaceable and lots of people are out of work. Dont like your retail job? Find a new one. If you can! Don't punish the customer who waited hours in line for a laptop or toy for their kid.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:11 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• not sure why they would walk out- Walmart ONLY closes ON Christmas. In fact they give you that day as a regular day off that week
    when I worked there I worked on Thanksgiving, black friday...and Christmas Eve
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:31 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• *they are open 24 hours a day as well- so I don't get it...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Ok- went and read the link...should have done that first I guess ;)  

This isn't about Black Friday itself - it's about other things and I guess they figure WM will pay attention if they don't show up that day...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• well walmart is aware now and I can tell you they will have temps trained and on call- ready to jump in. They are not stupid, the ones that are stupid are the ones that leaked the walk out int he first place. Many people are eager to work and dotn care what day or hours it is.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 9:04 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Well, thank goodness I won't be there. I hate black Friday. I think I am going to do most of my after T-giving shopping online. I got some awesome deals last year.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2012