Found Toy

We bought 6yo DD a stuffed animal at the airport when we were leaving to go to Disney two weeks ago. She ended up losing it at the hotel. I reported it lost and we left days later without it being turned it. It was past airport security and store was closed when we came back home, so unless we were going to buy another plane ticket, no chance of getting one at that store again. So went to eBay and got one. Received it today in the mail. Told DD it came from hotel because God forbid she not get "hers" back. She's happy. We're happy. Everyone is happy. Lo and behold we also received a UPS package today...from the hotel...with her stuffed animal in it. Ugh.

Now what do we do?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 3:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• So you take it to your local church/playgroup/children's charity and make someone else happy :) Spread as much happiness as you can! Always!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 5:20 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I agree with switching them. For energy reasons. Store the extra incase it happens again... or return through ebay. That was mighty nice of the hotel btw!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:15 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• donate one somewhere. she will never know the difference.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I would give it to a church association or any children associations. Give some joy and love to another child. :)
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 6:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• How awesome
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 8:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Things like this happen to me ALL the time. I agree with switching the two first. I like the idea of donating, but personally I'd probably keep the other one, just because.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• LOL! That happened when my dau lost her Jessie doll (Toy Story Jessie). She was so heartbroken after looking everywhere for her, that I went to the store & got her another one. Wouldn't you know it, she had a friend over one day & they found the old Jessie. I told my dau that I couldn't stand the sad look on her face so I replaced it. Now she has twins! But if you don't want your dau to know about it, I like the idea of donating it. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• When you can switch the two. Then toss the fake one.

Answer by louise2 at 6:48 AM on Nov. 16, 2012