Cat pee...

So there is this cat who pees or sprays on our front door all the time. We woke up this morning and our whole living room smelled like pee and we open the front door and there was a spot right by the front door that smelled so bad. How do you get rid of that smell and how can i get the cat to stop peeing by our house. We dont know whose it belongs to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pets

• If its a stray you can catch it and get it fixed and itll stop spraying. Its spraying because its marking its territory once they are neutered they stop.Clean up all areas where the cat has previously sprayed as the scent can trigger them to spray again in the same area. First wash all surfaces that have been sprayed with cat urine with a laundry detergent containing enzymes. Then mix up 50% white vinegar and 50% water in a spray bottle and spray the area well with the vinegar solution to discourage the cat spraying urine in the same place again.

Answer by gemgem at 12:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Thanks so much! Do you know a good laundry detergent with enzymes? Thanks!!! My house stinks!
    Anonymous

• Okay, my cat had a problem with peeing in the bathroom.. yuck! It smelled so bad.. so I cleaned it with white vinegar (like pp said) and sprinkled the area with cayenne pepper, lol.. so if he was smelling the area to try to pee there, he'd get pepper up his nose & wouldn't want to. Sounds kinda harsh, but cat pee disgusts me!!! Good luck.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Vinegar neutralizes the cat pee smell as good or better than any enzime stuff at the pet store and is cheaper too. Just wash it well with a vinegar/water solution. Twice or three times to get it all. You don't need to rinse the vinegar if it's outside, the vinegar will smell a bit, but it won't last nearly as long as the cat pee smell, and it's definately more bearable!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• O i have no problem with vinagar i use it with all my cleaning. Thanks to everyone!
    Anonymous