House members urge bank CEOs to win public back

WASHINGTON – The top members of a key House panel told banking leaders Wednesday they must win over a disgusted public and work harder to right the deeply troubled financial system.

"I urge you going forward to be ungrudgingly cooperative," said Rep. Barney Frank, the Democratic chairman of the House Financial Services Committee. "There has to be a sense of the American people that you understand their anger ... and that you're willing to make some sacrifices to get this working."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/ap_on_go_co/bailout_banks

Do you think that them grovelling is going to help them or just make americans madder because they had to bail them out and there apology is just to get back in to our good graces??

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 12:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Barney is a joke and I'm honestly ashamed to admit that he's my Congressman. He is one of the most deceitful and manipulative people, and I would love nothing better than to see him lose his seat in Congress.

Anon@12:59--you're right on. He's made millions from FM/FM over the last several years, while people fell into foreclosure, bankruptcy, etc. He's just trying to save face once again in hopes the dummies here in MA will re-elect him.

Sadly enough--they probably will.
    Anonymous

• I think the house needs to earn our respect before they give advice to companies.

Answer by gemgem at 12:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I think Barney Frank should look at himself in regard to all the money he has personally made through Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. Who is he to lecture anyone?
    Anonymous

• well if they sold a majority of their property and bought bank stocks with it, in order to help their own banks, and later repaid what was given to them.... Until then, NOPE!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• being cooperative is not the same as 'begging' or 'grovelling.'

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

it is in my book when you totally screw people over and then ask for there forgiveness knowing that if you get the chance to do it again you would in a heart beat.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2009