already

there was a substitute teacher in my daughters class the other day.the topic was prejudice.one of my daughter friends got up in front of the class and said bridget(my daughters other friend)was prejudiced against my daughter cause she is ugly..well my daughter said the whole class even the boys got quiet.one girl asked why did you say that about her.my question is these girls are only 9 why would she say something like that,and also i had been trying to talk to this mother and she said she didnt care who her daughtered played with or basically what she did.i wrote a letter to the school today.i really dont know what to do since i know i am not going to get any response from the mother.and these girls had been playing together...but i knew something was up but i was trying to see if it would play it self out...i know it doesnt seem relevent but to my daughter it is...

snowmom974

Asked by snowmom974 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Usually when someone is mean to me (verbally or the way they act). I just stay away from them and don't talk to them.

Answer by louise2 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Your dd is going to have to learn to deal with snarky people. If you have informed the school and talked to her mom you have done all you can. Just tell you dd sometimes people are just asses and she has to learn to let it run off her back. Girls like that are generally insecure and say mean things because they are in some ways jealous. Explain that to your dd.

Answer by gemgem at 12:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2009