Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

So i just found out my 13 year old daughter and her best friend were given pot by her friends stepfather.

My daughter spent the night at her friends about a month ago and i just found out her friends stepfather got them high. I am beyond mad right now. I dont know what to do. He had no right to give that to my child what they do with their own children is up to them. What should i do?

Answer Question

Asked by momma62009 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

Level 2 (11 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • I think I'd be down at the police station filing a complaint as soon as I found out. I think I'd also be talking to CPS about this. Besides that, I'd be telling the friend's mother that there is no way on this earth that you would allow your daughter back there (I'm supposing she wasn't aware that this happened and I believe she should be told).

    Giving children illegal drugs is ABUSE and should be treated as such.

    You have every right to be livid.

    Answer by winterglow at 10:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

  • Okay, I would be pissed at the fact that it was even offered to them, however why did your DD smoke it? Have you not talked to her about not taking drugs or smoking? You have two problems here. I would like to say that I would call the police non-emergency number and file a report, but additionally I would have my own child on severe restriction as well. She knew it was wrong to smoke it and did it anyway. So this time it was pot, what if next time it's crack or meth?


    Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

  • I would go to the police and have a serious talk with my daughter about drugs ! And she would be grounded for not telling sooner and not refusing the smoke either !

    Answer by ajc03 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

  • I'm not sure why you dont know what to do, I'd file a police report.

    Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

  • Wonder what else happened that she isn't telling you? I would not let her socialize with that girl anymore outside of school. No more sleep overs. Maybe if you enroll her in an extracurricular activity or have her volunteer at the local Library she would meet & become friends with kids from better families. That's what I would do.


    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

  • Call the police!
    Keep your daughter away from that house permanently!
    There is obviously something wrong with that step-father!
    Then I would call child protective services and tell them of this issue!
    Any irresponsible parent who exposes children to anything that is harmful in any way needs to be put away!

    Answer by madmueller at 12:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

  • I'd file a police report ASAP. I don't know that I'd punish your daughter because you don't want to turn her away from telling you these types of things in the future. Yes she should not have smoked it but 13 years old is still pretty young, and to have an influence from an adult/authority figure (seeing as how this is her friends parent) makes it very different from regular peer pressure. Have a serious talk with her, make her understand the dangers of her actions but do not make her feel like she shouldn't have told you.

    Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

  • What parents do with their own kid is up to them but to give it to your dd without even telling you or asking you about it first is totally wrong! I'd be furious.

    Answer by ChrissyL90 at 7:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

  • Go to the Police,and let the mother of the child know what happen,and then never let your child go back over there

    Answer by kels93 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

  • This is one of the many reasons why my kids always had their sleep overs at my house......

    Answer by older at 8:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.