Best conditioner for coarse hair type

Two of my children and I have some very coarse hair. What do you use?

kewi86

Asked by kewi86 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 16, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• Biolage
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 11:11 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Dove

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I have to use a lot of different things... seems like my hair always chanages. I go from Suave, Pantene, Garnier, and a few others. A long time ago I used Horse tail and mane shampoo and conditioner. It made my hair so soft. I haven't used it in quite some time, but it seemed to make my hair strong as well.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I like Dove, Redkin, and Pantene. I rotate using them, I leave a little in my hair after rinsing. Also sometimes before I shower I'll apply a lot to my dry or damp hair and leave it in for an hour or so then shower. Also I don't use shampoo every time I wash my hair because it dries it out. Sometimes I only condition. My hair produces so little oil I don't need to shampoo it everyday, conditioning is better for it.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• It depends on what you consider coarse..

Professional Products: Biolage (smooth down or hydrathearpie) Redken (all soft)
    Store or Online Bought : Argan Oil (from sallys beauty supply comes in brown bottle) Carols Daughter products
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 12:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• i have extremely coarse hair and tresemme works like a charm
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Any product with Moroccan/argan oil it's great for all hair types.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I have very thick, wavy/frizzy hair, and right now Suave Professionals Humectant conditioner is working well. I also use Garnier Fruitis Sleek and Shine Moroccan Oil in the shower - add it to my conditioner.

There may be better products out there, but I've only really tested the cheap stuff. And honestly, a good haircut (from someone who really knows how to cut this kind of hair) is the BIG thing that makes a difference for me.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 2:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I like CHI smoothing products. But, a really affordable conditioner that is sold everywhere is: Aussie Deeeep --- and it works really well!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Well for me and my daughter argan oil shampoos are the best to keep your hair healthy, as long as they're sulfate free. I use one called pro naturals, its an argan oil shampoo that salons use for hair that needs to be kept strong and healthy . It makes our hair sooo soft and it smells really good. The shampoo and conditioner is online at beyas. See if they're in stock because they sell out real fast.
    LauraTheStylist

Answer by LauraTheStylist at 7:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2012