weird ?...tmi

ive been having cramp like pains in my stomach for a few days but its not tightening and this morning i went to the bathroom and i felt something come up and it was a huge thing that looked like snot with a tiny bit of blood in it. im assuming it was my mucus plug. ive been losing peices of it over the last week but today it was really big so i think that was the rest of it. could it be bc i was checked at my drs last week and then again on monday? i was 2cm and 80 percent effaced on monday. today ive had bad back pains and i just feel weird. its hard to explain but i dont feel like myself. im being induced on friday but what are the chances she would come before with me losing my plug and all? im 36 weeks today and the induction is for medical reasons.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you dont have to defend yourself to me at least about why you are inducing :) sounds like it might happen on its own anyways, because that is the beginning of labor, however the mucus plug doesnt really mean much by the way of starting labor, it would be a much different thing had your water broken, i suggest gentle intercourse, strawberries, raspberry leaf tea (not raspberry flavored) and some eggplant if you like it or have some, those can help trigger labor, and it may (depending on your medical reasons) be better for you and baby in the long run! good luck momma and pm me if you need anything!
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 12:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Sounds like it was your mucous plug that you lost. It could mean that labor is on it's way, or it might be a week or so still. Try walking and sex, they might speed things up for you. If you are really concerned than call the dr office.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2009