What to wear in winter?

Hi,
The times Ive been in Usa is during summer and fall but this time Im going to be here in the winter. When I was during fall I was cold and I didnt stay that long so I know I need something to keep me more warm. Im right now in HI so theres a big huge difference on the weather.

I always get cold just in a chilly night and the other day I was at the store and I see underclothes from Cuddl Duds and Armour. Ive never tried them before and I was wondering if you could give me any suggestions about these brands. One is more affordable than the other but what I really want is something that is going to keep me warm. Do they work fine with just jeans, leggins and socks?

Thank you for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2012 in Shopping

• Where in the US are you going to be? Huge difference between say Massachusetts and south Florida! I've used cuddl duds and they work great, but I live in nc and rarely need them. Most days I just wear jeans or leggings without anything under them.

Answer by missanc at 4:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Um, yeah... you'll have to be more specific. Last year even in the Chicago area, they hardly got below 32 the whole winter. You certainly won't need that stuff if it stays the same as last year. Here in the Southern portion of Missouri, we didn't even wear winter coats last year.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Like the others said, location & dates matter - I know in my area the winter forecast is a lot warmer than a typical winter is for us. You can easily layer tights/nylons under pants to help insulate. Under Armour is good but there are a couple of different kinds - some to keep you cool, some to keep you warm. Thermal underwear/long johns are popular.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 4:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Im going to Portland, Oregon.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• during the end of december until february to march
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• It is COLD Wear boot as in winter boots, sweaters and coats mittens and hats and scarves. Layers are the key tostaying warm.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Portland will be mostly wet with a very damp cold, but not actually freezing. Youd do better to wear natual fiber layers with a waterproof outerlayer. Ive lived in Oregon my whole life, and Portland area 7 years
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Cuddle duds are less intense than Under Armour. If you are going to be outside a lot spring for the Under Armour. You may also want to check out Cabela's website for outerwear and long underwear. Be sure to get a good hat! You lose a lot of heat without one!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• under armor is wonderful! My sons wear them during soccer season when the weather gets cold and they LOVE it!!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Thank you all for your comments. Just doing my part to stay warm. :o)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2012