There are no Twinkies at WalMart

Was talking to DH, and thought it would be cute if we brought a couple boxes of Hostess stuff to Thanksgiving as our "dessert contribution". I had to stop at 3 places that should have them while I was out - WalMart, CVS and the gas station. WalMart had a big empty shelf where the Twinkies and Chocolate Filled Twinkies used to be. CVS had a lonely honey bun and a bag of powdered mini donuts left. The gas station had a completely empty rack.

At that point it went from a joke to a quest. After 3 more stops, at our local grocery chain, I found what may be the last 2 boxes of regular Twinkies and the last box of chocolate filled. I left the chocolate filled for someone who will better appreciate them, and grabbed a box of regular before someone else could.

Anyone else notice a run on Hostess while they were out today?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Gobbled up by droves of mindless fat fucks who wouldn't know 4 out of 5 of the most common table variety vegetables.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 5:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Apparently someone IS panicking! I was at walmart today and shelves were full. I happened to walk by the display and just shook my head.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Wonder about the Wonder Bread? Won't someone think of the Wonder Bread?!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I didn't even think to look there - different aisle. It's never been all that popular here, though. There's Bunny seems to be the go-to for people who like their bread with HFCS.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I looked to see if the grocery store had ding dongs or twinkles and all they had were two boxes of thie chocolate filled ones. We don't usually get that stuff. The kids seemed excited and ji let them eat one. Lets just say they weren't asking for more.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Twinkie-Maker-Hostess-to-Fire-18-000-Close-After-4044811.php

Bad news folks, looks like all our old favorites will no longer exist! :(  I sincerely hope Little Debbie or some other business will buy them & keep us supplied with Ho Ho's & Twinkies!  It'd be a shame to see them disappear altogether.  :(

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• BTW- we're not out here yet, but I'm not telling you where we live b/c I want to stock up & freeze them! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I might buy a box or two of Twinkies. If no one buys the rights to them I might be able to sell them for a ridiculous amount of money. If we get hit by a nuke the cockroaches need something to eat!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 6:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Bad news folks, looks like all our old favorites will no longer exist! :

We know - there are a handful of questions about it already in P&CE. That's what brought this up in the first place - it was on every news channel all day.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• there is something special about the way you eat a twinkie/ dong dong...a whole ritual

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2012