Stressed out with anxiety.

I'm 35 weeks and 1 day and in the very beginning of my pregnancy I had a few large subchorionic hemorrhages that resolved at 13 weeks. Well, now that I am in the third trimester I keep having dreading thoughts and fears of a stillborn that I can't shake off. I will be fine one moment and then have a dreading anxiety of it. I just don't know what to do, it's hard for me to be optimistic because of my past and I've lost two pregnancies in the second trimester before this pregnancy. I have a three year old daughter, but I am still just so overwhelmed. I bring it up to my ob and they don't really say much. I guess I'm reaching out.

I just read in another forum, by accident, about this situation and people commenting about how common it is in the last weeks :/ And "just don't think like that", is certainly much easier *said* than done.

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Stacie, did you have subchorionic hemorrhages as well?
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Now I am concerned for me too. Never considered that... how terrifying. Hopefully we both deliver healthy babies.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Thanks figaro , it's nice to have support and other similar experiences. Maybe ill see if they can get me something to help with my mind and the thoughts.
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• i had a subchorionic bleed early in my pregnancy and it was very troubling. luckily because of my age and a previously low birth weight child and the bleed, i received constant care and ultrasounds for high risk. everything turned out great! i did, however, have to take some meds for anxiety in the third trimester - no problems there either. it sounds like everything will be okay. just take everything one day at a time. there is so much to prepare for with a healthy pregnancy, try to focus on that. (hugs)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I've had anxiety and sometimes it helps to acknowledge the scary scenario and then move onto envisioning other possible not scary positive outcomes. Try to spend time envisioning the details of the good scenarios. Its not easy but it might help. Hang in there!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• It's been so hard for me because I do have anxiety and my history makes it hard for me to just be accepting. I've tried counseling but they just don't understand I don't think.
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I can't stop you from thinking that way, but I know I was very concerned when I was pregnant because there is a history of difficult pregnancies in my family and I almost lost my first child. I would spend time in the morning and in the evening counting my baby's movements. As long as they were acceptable, I felt fine. So just lay down, relax and count kicks, if you feel one day they are lower, call the doc.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2012