Droid 4 battery problems anyone else?

2 changes they made with Droid 4 that I absolutely hate. You can't use the memory card when it's charging off the computer, because it automatically loads itself as a storage device. That means no ringtones while it's charging (very stupid design). It also has a non-removable battery,which means if the battery is bad or dies too quickly, you can't change it out with a spare.

Going to Verizon with it tomorrow. Thanks to the holiday, I seriously doubt they'll get it back to me this week unless it turns out to be some sort of quick fix.

Anyone else having trouble with the battery holding a charge?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2012 in Technology

• I don't have a droid, BUT, I've heard of the same issues with other phones - I had it with mine a while back. Do you have a background program running that's draining the battery? A friend had some GPS thing that she wasn't aware of that as soon as she removed the app, her battery life improved. With mine, I had been on cafemom, but for some reason a page wouldn't load and instead of x-ing out of cafemom entirely, I just closed the browser - took me a while to figure out since I rarely browse anything on my phone - but I felt dumb when I figured it out!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 7:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• I've gone through it 3 times, and have the power saving settings on. It seems the only way it holds a charge for a full day is if I keep it in sleep mode, where it doesn't notify me of anything except incoming calls. Anything else (text/vm/etc) waits until I manually turn it fully on again. Totally impractical - the texts come in timestamped when I hit the button instead of when they were sent (sometimes days later).
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• DH has a droid 3 and his screen froze on a white screen. He tried to take the battery out and and he put it back in and turned it on and it went right back to the white screen. Went to Verizon and they can't fix it. He had to order a replacement through the insurance policy thing.

I hope they find a quick fix for your phone. This mercury retrograde is really messing things up.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• i had to buy an extended battary ( which does last longer ) but cost me 69.99.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2012