What do you do with all you kids old toys?

For a while I was saving them cause we always wanted our kids close in age. Well seeing its been two and a half years and no luck getting pregnant we have all these toys. We now need to get ride of them. So what do you do with them? I would love to donate them but every where I find only wants new in box toys. So any ideas on what to do with them.

Dianneakamommy

Asked by Dianneakamommy at 12:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try the domestic violence shelter and homeless shelters.

Answer by gemgem at 12:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i step over them all the time. lol good will salvation army
    Anonymous

• I have a garage sale to get rid of my kids' old toys, but if you want to donate them try a church or non-profit daycare/pre-school (like headstart) they will often pass what they can't use to families who can. The salvation army was a good suggestion too.
    Anonymous

• freecycle
    Anonymous

• The minute you give them away. You will get pregnant. Have a yard sale.

Answer by louise2 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I give them to the guy that works for my dad sometimes that has 3 kids and not very much money. The extra scummy toys get tossed.. and sometimes I'll take them to the consignment store.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• put an ad for them on craigslist.org. I put them all in a box and advertised free used toys for whatever age they're appropriate for and sure enough within an hour I had people from all over wanting to come pick them up. It tends to be families who can't afford new toys so it makes you feel good too! :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I am a garage sale person and like using garage sale money to replace old things for new things, anything left over from garage sale I will donate like family shelters and such, rest of it to Good will and what not.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 1:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I KEEP THEM IN A BOX IN HIS ROOM, BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANNA WASTE YOUR MONEY TO BUY IT AND THROW IT AWAY!
    __bbaaoo

Answer by __bbaaoo at 1:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Freecycle is great. Earn a few bucks on them at a consignment sale. There are several for kids clothing and toys, Just Between Friends, Jack & Jill, Mommies of Multiples, etc. Look them up on the net.
    Moogie1005

Answer by Moogie1005 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2009