Anyone pre cooked a Turkey?

How did it turn out? I got tasked with cooking a turkey for my little ones school. Since their feast is early in the morning I would like to cook it beforehand, but I do t want it to turn out awful

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 7:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2012 in Holidays

• We've cooked a turkey the day before,sliced it, covered it, and then warmed it up the next day.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• MIL does it multiple times a year and it's always a-freaking-mazing. She roasts it like normal (very simply, salt, pepper, maybe a little butter or broth), slices it up/takes it off the bone, puts it in a pan with the strained juices from the roasting pan, and reheats it when it's time.

I don't cook & reheat a whole turkey, but I cook one and will freeze the meat in meal-sized portions. I roast it with a stick of butter & some chicken broth, baste with that liquid, and then once it's cut & portioned I strain that broth/butter/liquid mixture and pour that over the meat. It always comes out wonderfully. I keep mine simple so I can use it in a variety of meals, MIL keeps it simple because she doesn't like strong flavors and hers is always amazing.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• Never.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2012