Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I give my DD father my new address?

I just moved a week ago to another state. not the state he was in. he use to come to visit when she was was a baby but stopped coming up when she was about 11 months old. He saw her once when she was 1 1/2 and than her 3rd birthday he came. not to visit but to my family's house for her birthday. Now I moved and he is all eager to get my new address. I am hesitant to give it to him because after all this time when he knew exactly where we lived he never cared. I don't have to give it to him because there is not a court order, right? I just feel like i should give it to him because I don't want her to not have an opportunity to know who he is but he never cared before. This all comes because his other kid moved really far away and they were close by. I just don't want him to start trouble. what do you all think?

he does pay child support about every three months.


Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2012 in Parenting Debate

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I would get a PO box and give him the address to that. That way he can still keep in touch with her through phone calls, letters, etc. If he wants to come see her, then he can call you and arrange it.


    Answer by JeremysMom at 7:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

  • Get a support order and a visitation order.

    Answer by adnilm at 7:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

  • I don't want a visitation order. I have a support order and he has tried to threathen me before i got it and even after . he never went through the courts and he avoided it and he is lucky I did too. I rather not give him anything. This is new start for me and my daughter. I have a good job and I want us to be happy with no drama.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

  • Well, those sorts of things should be thought about before you get pregnant. Now he has a right to see his child. I would rather control the situation than wait for him to take you to court where it would not go the way you'd like it to.

    Answer by adnilm at 8:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

  • adnilm, he isn't going to take me to court. so instead of pointing the finger like it was all my fault. you are probably the same kind of mom that is against abortion but than bash siingle mothers. you are probably so two faced. what about if i was married and than divorce. you don;t know anything about my situation and instead of judging you should try to stop and think before you put rude answes. oh but wait you are probably a perfect mom that has a perfect life. get over yourself. typical B from cafemom!

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2012