Are you against abortion but than bash single moms?

I found it lately that on this site. actually its been not latey it has been always really that single moms get so bashed but than these are probably the same people that are against abortion. and how do you exactly know how these people became single moms? how can you judge people you don't know? what if that person the husband died or got killed in combat or even is divorced. This is more of a vent for all those moms that judge single moms for getting pregnant with out knowing the whole story and if you do know some of the story being judgemental B *tches doesn't make you better. We are all moms.

thanks for the vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• Not really against abortion, and I have tons of respect for single moms/dads. I must miss all single mom bashing on this site because I don't know what you are talking about. From my observations, there is some butting of heads in answers, but it has nothing to do with bashing single moms.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I am against abortion. I do judge moms, based on their parenting skills, not on their marital status.
    JTROX

Answer by JTROX at 8:43 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I am opposed to killing, but having been a single mom, I have a pretty good insight into that life. So no
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I think I know what you're saying. Some people are all "all life is precious" when it comes to abortion, but god forbid you use their tax dollars to support that baby.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Yes and no. I used to be a single mom and I didn't abort my baby. As a matter of fact, having my baby when the rest of my life was in shambles at the moment gave me the strength to carry on. We all make mistakes and we all find ourselves in situations beyond our control sometimes as a result of someone else's choices and not our own. Anyone who says differently is self-righteous. But, I knew some ladies about 20 years ago who were told by their own mother to go out, find some guy, get pregnant multiple times because the more babies, the more welfare money. That behavior from a few stereotypes a whole group. That kind of behavior is reprehensible. Abortion for any other reason than a life threatening situation for the mother is also reprehensible, IMO.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• No. I was a single mom when I was 16 and my mom was a single mom most of my life.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 9:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• i have tons of respect for single moms i was raised by my mom which was a single mom and i am 100% against abortion
    sarahneal111409

Answer by sarahneal111409 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Well if you're a single mom you need to be EXTRA careful with your BC because you know you can't afford another kid
    Adoption is almost always an option

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I do not promote abortion no, I also do not promote being a single parent or a couple having a child you can not- will not or DO NOT take care of. Do I judge because you are single, nope

Do I judge- of course, all of us do! I judge when you are doing nothing to be a responsible parent but are perfectly capable - instances like that!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 9:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• No, I'm pro-choice.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2012