I remembered something from high school that still freaks me out

When I was a Junior, I got a yellow slip to go to the office(yellow is you're NOT in trouble) and it said to bring my books along,so I wasn't returning
When I got there,there were 5 other kids waiting.
They put us in this room,and 3 adults were in there. 2 in business attire,and a lady in casual clothes
She has us all sit around this table in front of these boards with black and white pegs in holes
She instructed us to move all the pegs to the opposite side of the board in any order,but when we moved them back,they needed to be black,white,black,etc. She timed us all
After that,we were given what i see now was a personality test, about 12 pages long
A few kids asked why we were in there doing this stuff,and were ignored
The whole time,those 2 business people just watched us silently and took notes
Any idea what this was all about?
Some government thing? Some business testing us? Something weirder?
We were never given an answer to why we were in there. I don't know if any parents called(mine didn't)

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2012 in Just for Fun

• It could have been an administrator doing a favor for a friend in grad school, working on a project. Not quite a kosher way to get a sampling, but that may have been it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• this just sounds weird my parents would have definitely called
    ms.18

Answer by ms.18 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I'd call and ask.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 10:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Very weird
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 11:12 AM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Probably a college psych project..I'd still ask the school to find out what it truly was
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 12:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Not sure but if its not causing issues in your life now, try not to let it bother you.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Wow! That happened to me also ... Kinda similar but there were alot of us. We were told we were going to take several tests and one was some kind of personality test. It was a form of the MMPI. The guys talked to us a bit about what we wanted to do in college. That was it. Later my parents received a letter from the FBI. Telling them I should consider a career with them. We threw it away and I never heard from them again.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Ok when I read the title, I picture you with many sleepless nights, living on edge...lol

maybe its something similar to what booklover545 did
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• it was 1990
    no,lol,it's not causing issues in my life

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2012