What about-issuing a certificate that gives AP's parental rights, without removing- erasing the details of our birth?

adoptees should not have to pretend forever that their adoptive parents are in fact - their genetic parents when they are not

We can't seem to pass open records laws for ALL adult adoptees, so why not just get rid of /falsified birth certificates all together?

adopteeme

Asked by adopteeme at 12:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2012 in Adoption

• Because some of us like our closed adoptions.

But thanks.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 1:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• my BC is not falsified, it has my PARENTS names on it - the ones that RAISED me
    I would not want one with the bio's names on it they are NOT my parents!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• DNA doesnt make a parent. Some people are better off never knowing their bio parents
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• A birth certificate is a record of life event. (our birth)

Why the need to erase and re write it making claim someone else gave birth to us?
    adopteeme

Comment by adopteeme (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Are you bitter about being adopted, OP?

We have a closed adoption with our children and we couldn't be happier. The monsters that are their biological 'parents' have no place on any piece of paper pertaining to them.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 1:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• yes a birth certificate is a record of LIFE, I was given LIFE when my parents saved us from the idots that birthed us.

whats the big deal? I would have been better of had I not ever known my BIOS
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Yes, i am angry about adoptees not being treated the same and EQUAL as non-adopted citizens by our states -simply because of 'who' parented us.

I'm sorry to hear your children's origins include monsters. I truly am. But what if there are positive stories and good ancestors and kinships in the children's heritage? erasing it ALL makes the bad more, what?
    adopteeme

Comment by adopteeme (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• How have you not been treated equal?

Yes, we 'erased' it all. They are OUR children.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 1:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• sorry but I disagree, my FAMILY is my family that raised me not a single soul related to the bios do I consider family except the bothers I was raised with as well

there was a reason that the REST of the bio family was not allowed to adopt us as well so sorry but they are NOT my family
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• as someone who has nothing at all to do with their adoptive family and has minimal contact with their birth family- my life is better because of my adoption

my bio family is a bunch of horse thieving, drug dealing, kids out of wedlock, high school dropouts.
    i am glad i didn't know them or have them in my life until i was an adult.
    why not worry about your issues and stop trying to foist them onto others
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2012