Is anybody adopted? Have you searched your birth parents?

Have you searched for your birth parents? How did you find them? Did you actually have an encounter with them? I am adopted, and I am curious

madmueller

Asked by madmueller at 12:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2012 in Adoption

• Yes I did search for them many many years later. I finally got enough nerve to call my biological mother. At first she denied it i told her I was sorry I must have the wrong person.I went to hang up and she said wait I am your mom. It went down hill from there. My father had died and she divorced him many years ago. She never told any family about me and as far as I know they still do not know. She told me if ever I was in the Stockton area I could stop by. I never did.I call now and then as she is elderly. I hope this does not discourage you knowing that my story sucks but be prepared it might happen. Hopefully it will be better and more loving experience.
    kahli1948

Answer by kahli1948 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• My sister was adopted into our home and she found her real parents and like some always say we can't always handle the truth...she's happy with us
    mamide02ninas

Answer by mamide02ninas at 1:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Yes I am adopted
    Yes I found my family, 11 years ago. My search took 6 years to complete.

adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 3:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• found em by accident, met them, hated them caused more damage than not knowing
    I am sure some had great reuinions, you ahve to do what YOU feel is best in a situation like this
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I helped my dd find her birth dad. Knew the area where he had lived and looked up everyone in that area with the same last name on the internet and sent a generic letter out to them. I also said that I was not saying they were her dad and was sending it to several people so that no "wives" got upset. I gave just a few basic details but not everything. We got lucky and within 2 weeks I had a letter back. It had details in it that I hadn't given in the letter so I knew he was the correct man. It was a great Christmas gift for my dd. Not sure how I kept it to myself for 2 weeks but it gave him time to send me pictures that I was able to wrap up for her which she unwrapped right before he called. Lots of tears that year.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2012