Facebook-kids

Do you think it's appropriate for a 7yo to have a FB account? I personally do not but I have a family member who lets her 7yo & her tween have a account idk why but it just bothers me. Your thoughts?

liss05

Asked by liss05 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2012 in Entertainment

• Nope. But then again I see 7 yr olds with cell phones and well that's not happening either.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Our 16 yr old son has one, and has since he was 13, BUT, we monitor it, and his Dad and I are friends on his page too. Our 9, and 10 yr old boys will NOT have one until they are 13, and we will do the same with them. Our family computer is also in a centrally located place in the house, so I can see it at all times.
    Our 16 yr old is on Jeep forum more than FB, and I'm so glad....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• My stance has always been that FB requires members to be 13 and to have an account while younger requires a lie. I won't condone lying on the account set up. Problem solved.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• My son is 10 and does not have or need a Fb account, he says his friends do not have one so not sure who he would friend on there but me his father, and his Uncles, aunts and cousins and we see enough of each other in RL
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• No I don't... and it's against their TOS... 13 is the cut off, and for good reason!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• some parents just let the kid have facebook to play the games and set up all the controls so only parents and grandmas are friends
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Nope
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2012

• No way! 7 is young! People come on there asking to be his friends, I have been hacked by others thru the chat can you imagine how a 7 yr old would handle that? If he/she just had his grandparents, relatives and friends and you monitor the childs actions, then yes.
    Yes there are games on there, but wouldn't Club Penguin be more appropriate?
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2012