Do you think a cozy coupe car is age appropriate for a 3 year olds Christmas gift?

I know she would love it- but I probably should have gotten it LAST year so she could use it longer. I'm having another baby so it wouldn't go to waste- but I'm not sure if she's too big for one now. She's 3 feet tall about 30 lbs.

It wouldn't go outside- too much rain. But we do have a very large converted playroom now.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kids are about that size/age. They still use theirs, but looks a little cramped.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 7:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• She will love it! And if you are going to pass it on why not? It will be great indoors. Get a trike in the summer for outside. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• no a trike would better serve her I think
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 6:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I think a tricycle would be better for her but like you said, knowing you will pass it on . . . my almost 4 yo STILL rides in his at times!

Answer by missanc at 6:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I think my son was three when we got his. But he's short for his age. He's five and still plays with it.
    SaraD1989

Answer by SaraD1989 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• My son got one for his 3rd b-day and still fits in it fine, in fact my older dd who is 5.5 now still fits in it! lol, they don't like to move it around on their own though but give each other rides by pushing it along from behind. The only thing I want to warn you about is letting her climb up on top of it for any reason, they tip over easily if there's no weight in the inside and just climbing on from the back and my nephew broke his collarbone doing that when he was younger :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 7:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• My daughter got hers when she was three and a half--five bucks at a garage sale, why not? She's nearly five now and still plays with it. But if she wants to go very far, someone has to push from behind. She mostly just scoots around on our big porch, pretending to do errands or go upto the McDonald's drive through. I'm glad I bought it for five bucks, but I'm not sure I would have been happy with it if it had been a retail purchase.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:39 AM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Yes, it is appropriate. I have 5-6 yr olds at my day care that still ride in them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• I work in a 2 year old classroom. we have kids form 16 months until they turn 3. I can tell you form experience that most kinds who are almost 3 no longer fit well into the cozy coup. It think if your LO did fit- she would out grow it quickly. I would put my money into something she could grow into rather than out of. A trike is a wonderful idea! ike the ones with the handles for when they are just learning to steer and pedal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2012

• NO.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 6:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2012