For those of you that have to work Black Friday...

What time do you start?

Are you in retail or Restaurant?
I work in a Retail Pharmacy so my hours are the norm 9-6. Store opens at 5:00 a.m.

PMSMom10

Asked by PMSMom10 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2012 in Money & Work

• Im the director of a homeless shelter so we work 24/7. Ill work part of Friday so some of my staff can shop too
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I worked at Target last year and I worked 12-9:30 am. So glad I don't have to do that again lol.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 12:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2012

• My first year working at a real job in 23 years, and I'm working retail. I have to be at work at 6am for black Friday, I'm okay with that though, I'll be off at 2:30, and have the rest of my weekend.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I don't work Friday but I will be standing in line at Best Buy for a TV!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• When I was working I worked on Friday as usual unless I put in to have it off, which I can not remember ever doing.
    I do not shop on Black Friday either, though. Many years ago when I worked retail and or the food industry I worked it also and if I recall I had extra hours during that time as well.
    When I work in a hotel I worked every holiday.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• my daughter works in security, she will be working wednesday-thurday night midnight to 8am then she will work the same for Christmas Eve and Christmas
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• I don't work a retail-type job but do have to work Friday. My normal hours - a couple in the morning, a couple in the afternoon.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I might have to go help out at one of our stores. We are opening at midnight, I guess.... Yuck.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I'm not working right now, but my brother works retail. He'll work 8pm to 2am on Thursday night/Friday morning, and then he goes back in at 8 on Friday morning. He enjoys it though, and he's loving the number of hours he's putting in.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Well, I'm a sahm, but this is the first year in awhile that we will be celebrating thanksgiving on thanksgiving with my family. My mom and little sister are nurses, and my mom normally works for someone else since all her children are grown. I guess she decided against it this year.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2012