How long did you work...

I am a hairstylist and on my feet all day and just made an appointment for three foils in a row! I am 32 weeks pregnant and I am starting to get uncomfortable . I dont know how much longer I can work but I dont want to sound like a wimp. Im tired! I am not this busy all the time but I just feel like I would rather be sleeping, but I need the money because I'm running my own shop. Any Advice?

CarleeDalene

Asked by CarleeDalene at 12:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Put some scholls gel in your shoes. This might help a little....take some more breaks in between for feet up
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 12:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I worked up until the day before I went onto labor but I work at a desk and only have to get up for the copier, fax. etc so I had it pretty easy. Can you spread your appointments out so that you have time to sit and rest in between? Don't feel like a wimp, it's hard work and you shouldn't feel bad about being tired!!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I can certainly relate to this. I am a nurse and am on my feet all day, walking on concrete floors. With my first pregnancy, I worked up until 3 weeks prior to delivery. Wow- can't believe I did that! With my second pregnancy, I had to quit 5 weeks early due to the fact I hurt my back picking up my first little one. I also found that from about 28 weeks on, my hips and legs hurt so bad. I had a crying episode one night when I came home and found my hubby had ran me a bath. My saving grace was purchasing a "belly bra" It fit over the shoulders like a tight fitting t-shirt and helped to keep my belly "up off my hips". I am now 35 weeks with my 3rd pg, and quit when I was 32 weeks. The belly bra still helped up until that time. I wore it from about 20 weeks on. Worth a try- and worth the investment- www.bellybra.com
    kassie726

Answer by kassie726 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I worked up until my due date with all my kids. It was hardest with my first because I worked in a restaurant kitchen where it was hot and I was on my feet all day, but I wanted to save up every penny I could to stay home with the baby once he was here for as long as I could.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I just stopped working last week. I'm 37 weeks now. I found it too hard to do the normal tasks that I had to do. I work in home health and it was just getting too hard to get people out of bed, get them dressed, and just do normal things for them. If I had a desk job I'd still be working until I popped. My advice is when you feel like you can't preform your job properly then it's time to take your break.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 1:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i'm at 34 weeks and 3 days :)
    i'm still working and i'm a cashier at chipotle. that means i clean tables and dining room stuff too. work is hard but, my ob/gyn says it's good to keep active because it will keep me fit for labor. as long as you make yourself sit down every other hour for a few minutes you'll be fine.
    glycerine

Answer by glycerine at 2:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2009