• In the Spotlight:

9 months old and hitting

My daughter is starting to hit people in the face. I know she is being playful but I don't think it's right how do I tell her no so she understands it's not very nice?

tinkerbellma21

Asked by tinkerbellma21 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Strong, meaningful, and eye to eye contact. Everytime you catch her or try to get to her before she actaully does. Try to correct her before it happens and explain that is an OUCHY!
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 12:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• the first suggestion is a good idea, also even though she thinks its playing you have to let her know that it isnt ok. So next time she does it say ouch and look like it hurt and then tell her no hitting and put her down and walk away. She is probably going to cry and come after you which is fine let her follow for a minute or two then pick her up and tell her one more time no hitting.
    bc19

Answer by bc19 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2009