For those who have given an EBF older baby a bottle, what did you use?

I am going to be trying to partially night-wean my EBF daughter soon and it's been suggested to me that I introduce her to a bottle of water at night, just so she can self-sooth herself with the sucking action (she refused to take a paci).

What bottle should I get her? Are there any breastfed-baby/friendly ones out there? Thanks!

SweetpeaAK

Asked by SweetpeaAK at 12:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Playtex Drop ins, or the Playtex wide VentAir both work well for BF babies from my own experience, and what i've heard from other BFing mama's. However, be VERY careful giving your baby a bottle of water just for the heck of it. Too much hydration can be toxic to their kidney's. Not only that, but giving water instead of BM will deprive her of the nutrition she needs. I strongly suggest you give a bottle of expressed BM.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If she won't take a bottle or pacifier why not go ahead and wean her onto a sippy cup?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I use the Playtex drop-in system, and the Nuk bottles. The Nuk nipples are closer to your nipple shaped when they're suckled, but the Playtex system gives my baby a lot less gas. They are my 2 fave bottles
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2009