How long tell I go into labor?

I know every women is different, but Iwas wondering if someone has been in a the same situation. At 30 weeks I was dilated 1 cm and 50% effaced. At 32 weeks and 5 days pregnant I lost my mucus plug. I started having bad pain in my pubic bone. It feels like it is pulling apart, and it will even pop, that started in my 33 week. At 33 weeks I was 1 1/2 cm and 75%effaced. I have had somemore mucusy discharge that started at 33 weeks. Now I am starting to swell a little big. This is all the stuff going on. This is my second child. How long do you think it will be until I go into labor. If you have been in the same situation how long until you went into labor. I will be 35 weeks pregnant in 2 days. The doctor just says he thinks the baby will be born early. Oh and my braxton hicks are progressing. Some actually hurt.

ReaRea19

Asked by ReaRea19 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've always heard it's when your contractions are at a set time apart..Like if they are every 15 minutes consistently right on time...or every 10 minutes, every 7, 5 etc...Are you having regular contractions?
    Anonymous

• Time your contractions.
    Anonymous

• You can be dialated and effaced for your whole last trimester and still carry to term. I had early labor for over 3 weeks with my second child. There's really no way to tell. Just hang in there mama.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I am 30 weeks along and I have some of the same symptoms but my docter just tells me It's normal. He says different woman experience different symptoms but I have a feeling my baby is coming early also. My pelvic bone is KILLING me and today it made a nasty popping sound like you described. also I get light cramps like period cramps and I don't know if that is considered a contraction or what. pregnancy is confusing!! I hope all goes well for you.
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• There's no way to tell for sure until the baby gets here. I have about along the same lines as you & I am now 2 days past my due date & have been having constant but not regular contractions since Monday morning. It's considered prelabor & could last for days! So there's no way to know for sure!
    mamabens

Answer by mamabens at 2:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2009