Another global warming issue

I'm still not sure about global warming, but this article is I think a little too much with scare tactics lol! But who knows...could happen....opinions?

http://www.komonews.com/news/39416732.html#idc-container

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 12:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow. Chinese scientists? really? I put as much stock in their scientists as I do their toy makers (having had several toys recalled due to lead paint). I think I'll stick with the US scientists (as my husband is one of them) and say, YES! Global warming is happening! And YES! We did it to ourselves!
    Anonymous

• Global warming is a farce. Chinese scientist have proved it.
    Anonymous

• Global warming is real and it is happening. I do agree with skeptics that specific effects in a specific area are largely conjecture.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I'm more worried about something that may effect me personally. Global warming is a small issue, that we as Americans can not fix alone, and since most other countries don't bother. What is the point.
    As for chinese Scientists saying it's a farce.. well I can see why since they are an industrial country. Since that's their bread and butter why would they bother going green?
    Personally I would worry more about a sun storm hitting earth and possibly wiping out technology for a few days-months. At least that could happen in my life time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Umm; why would anyone trust the Chinese scientists? They're the ones creating the most pollution!

And was that a typo? Global Warming is a "small issue"?? Are you insane?
    Anonymous

• I am not paniced about Global Warming. Al Gore has been stumping this for years yet uses more resources in one month than I do in an entire year. Hard to believe it is that bad when he is not making changes. President Bush lives more green than Gore.
    Anonymous

• Actually, Al Gore pays more because he is buying clean energy which, right now, is more expensive. Of course I can't wait until we deplete our supply of coal and oil and see how denyers get along without their big, gas-guzzling SUV's. I have no problem paying more for my electric that doesn't add to my carbon footprint.
    Anonymous

• I do agree with the post above about clean energy being more expensive. If I was not owing so much on my car, I would trade it in for a Prius or something similar.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• No one knows how the ozone reacts to gases. It has been viewed that instead of a warming we could experience a cooling. Because gases are trapped and could block the suns rays from entering atmosphere. Yet we have to look at the Polar shift, when this is finished happening there will be global warming. this is already happening has been for almost 2 thousand years. It happens every 2 thousand years. The polar energy drains from the planet and we are left with no charge. It happens slowly over the 2 thousand year period until it is finish. IN 2012 the 2 thousand year time period will be up.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 3:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Not only Chinese scientists - but hundreds of Western scientists are calling for some truth in this controversy. The UN report exaggerated its claims of consensus by including dozens of NON-scientists, and by including many scientists who DISAGREED with the report and publicly objected to it - but their voices are ignored by the media. There is BIG money and even bigger political power to be gained under cover of global warming. ... carbon dioxide is a pollutant?! are you KIDDING me? (Y'll know that carbon dioxide is what we exhale and what plants inhale, right?) Higher temperatures? The reporting thermometers have actually been moved to new locations, like beside an office building's AC unit, or in an asphalt parking lot. ... And noone seems to be reporting that MARS is also warmer - which indicates solar activity rather than a decent standard of living as the cause.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2009