How to get pee stains out of a mattres

My little boy came in my bed last night and peed right through his pull-up which rarely happens. Today I was removing my sheets to clean and there is pee stains every where. My so called water-proof mattress cover isnt so water proof as I thought. So now I ant to get old and new stains out. It also smells :( The cover did its job at hiding the smell but not protecting from liquid from leaking through,

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2012 in Home & Garden

• Immediately upon discovering a wet urine stain, soak it up with absorbent paper towels. Apply pressure, and change toweling often until all of it is absorbed. It may take an entire roll of paper toweling, but it's important to absorb as much of the liquid as possible. Once the urine has been completely absorbed, go over the stain with clear water to dilute any urine remaining in the fabric. Rinse out the rag under running water as often as necessary. Use baking soda or salt, let it dry on the matress then vacuum it up.
    If it's dry - It's impossible to absorb dry urine, so you'll have to wet the area with clear water and absorb it using the instructions mentioned above. After following the aforementioned directions, continue with the instructions below. If the stain hasn't set in it should come out fairly easily, and when properly cleaned, the mattress will smell clean and fresh once again.
    Found this on line for you !!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 12:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• I have used dish liquid, peroxide, and baking soda, than let the mattress dry out in the sun.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• I just put some dish liquid in a bucket of water, used a rag to wash it not soak it, than put peroxide on it, sprinkle baking soda on i, let it sit for awhile, than vacuum it.

It can air dry if you cannot put it outside, maybe use a hair dryer to speed up the drying but it should not be soaked so it will not take long to air dry.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Maybe some type of steam vac? That won't soak it too bad?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• I would try some Dawn Dish Soap on a warm rag. Then blow dry that area as much as you can.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Dawn dish soap, peroxide, baking soda.

Since it's winter in your frozen barren wasteland, put a box fan on it for a few hours.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 12:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Its winter where I am and snow on the ground. Plus I cant move this mattress on my own. Any ideas on how to dry it? Also how much of each?
    LostSoul88

Comment by LostSoul88 (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2012