'Thank you, Lord Jesus!' Excited young man lands job -- for a day -- after asking Obama a question

It was quite a moment at the end of President Obama's town hall meeting in Fort Myers, Fla., yesterday. As The News-Press writes, 19-year-old Julio Osegueda "rocketed from a Cape Coral teenager who flips burgers for $7.85 an hour at a McDonald's to an instant celebrity of sorts."

And he got a temporary job.

For those who didn't see what happened at the town hall when Osegueda asked the president about when he and other low-wage workers might be able to get job benefits, here's the video:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2009/02/62687523/1?se=yahoorefer

so if we all ask the same question that this young man asked we will get a good paying job for a day?

why would obama do this??

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 12:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That guy acted like he was meeting the Messiah in person or something. What a nut! Okay so he got a job for a day. The next day...um, hes back to flipping burgers, but he will have this video for his memories....LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Obama probably paid that guy to ask a question or something and then had a planned out job. I dont buy anything Obama does.
    Anonymous

• NObama did it because this man was praising Lord Jesus for him, feeding his ego, and he was crying as if NObama was the messiah!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• This man showed the NObamanites mentality!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• He did a great thing and I'm sure the man is very happy. Quit beating him down
    Anonymous

• He made a HUGE fool of himself! He looked like a complete and utter fool. A great thing was to give him a job for a day? Who did a great thing? He created this "beat down" by acting a fool!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I can kind of, just slightly see where you all are coming from, but what's the problem with helping people? I know someone is going to say if you're going to help one, you should help all, but he's helping one person so isn't that a step in the right direction?
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 1:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I looked more stage then anything else, but hey if he is real all the power for him, but at least he has a job. But do know of people that have worked at McDonalds for a long time who do make good money. It's the long term not short term.
    pandermom

Answer by pandermom at 1:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I'll pass on the video. My imagination gives me an idea though. No thanks.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Now that he got his extra job and the woman got her house, I wonder how many people in that meeting are wondering where their job and house are, or people in that state out of work and homeless, or people who've been sitting at home waiting for that HOPE, and seeing 2 people singled out and given hand outs, but still nothing being done to guarantee their own problems being helped. I'm sure the 2 years worth of people ahead of that woman on the housing waiting list are just thrilled to death for her, as is any struggling broadcast student who was hoping for a job like that for intern credit just ecstatic that one more chance to finish their degree is going to Julio the fry cook.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2009