my one month old baby has green mocous and cough what can i use as a humidifier that i can use at home instead of actually buying the actual product?

Jiovanna

Asked by Jiovanna at 6:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think there is anything, other than maybe hot showers (just sit in the bathroom where the baby can breathe the steam) if you aren't wanting to buy a humidifier. What does your Pediatrician suggest? You should call them before anything else because if a very young baby gets sick it's a much bigger deal than if a 2 year old or a 5 year old gets sick. Call and report it to your Pediatrician and see what they suggest doing. They may want to see the baby so they can listen to your child's breathing.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Well just throwing this out there and all, but green mucus is a sign of an infection.... so.... your infant needs to be taken to the Dr. A baby that young, I would not recommend you using anything without the physician's advise. Any type of home made humidifier can be dangerous around a child.... especially an infant.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• keep a pot of boiling water on the stove to put more moisture into the air- and take their advice ^^ call the doc
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• I wouldn't do that if I were you.. Sounds like your baby isn't even 60 days old, which means he does not have all the shots he needs for his body to protect itself. Any remedy you 'try' on him can potentially make him very sick whether it's store bought or home made. Call his doctor and find out what he wants you to do. He may actually prescribe some type of antibiotic
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 6:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Doctor. Green is not good.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Go to the Dr. that doesn't sound good it sounds like an infection.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• I am starting to get really worried even though she isn't crying as much , she still is having a runny nouse and coughing with a rough voice , she really doesn't ask for her food like she usually does .I have been rubbing chest rub on her chest like her DR told me to which has been five days already since then ...Is it bad to take her out after applying that chest ru on her to the Dr's
    Jiovanna

Comment by Jiovanna (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Take your baby to the doctor.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

• Call the doctor and take her in!

She needs to be seen, especially if she isn't crying or eating as much. Call the doctor NOW!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2012